Pretty little alpine plant, perfectly sized for fairy gardens. Dark green foliage grows in clusters, close to the ground, reaching just 1-2" high. Keeps a tidy habit on its own all season. Blooms in late spring to early summer with 4" tall stalks of lilac-pink, 5-petal flowers. ("Fairy Foxglove" is a cute common name, but a bit of a misnomer. Although a relative, looks nothing like true foxglove.) Can be cut back after flowering, but not too soon; will reseed when happy. A good bloomer for rock gardens, troughs, fairy gardens and little landscapes. Zone 4-9.
- Grow outdoors in full sun to part shade, providing afternoon shade in warm-summer regions
- Not recommended for indoor gardens
- Grows in moist to dry conditions once established, but must have good drainage
- Foliage grows to about 1-2" high and about 4" wide (up to 6-8" wide with age when planted in the ground)
- Blooms in late spring to early summer
- Cold hardy to zone 4
- Available in 2.5” x 2.5” x 3.5" pots
*Orders with plants will ship on Mondays and Tuesdays. Orders placed after 12pm on Monday will ship out the following Monday/Tuesday. Orders with both plants and miniature garden goods will ship complete on the according day.
*Plants are guaranteed to arrive in good condition when shipped via Priority Mail, UPS 3 Day Select, or an expedited service only. Orders sent First Class, Standard Post, or UPS Ground will be shipped at the customer’s risk; quality upon arrival cannot be guaranteed by the Miniature Garden Shoppe.
*Sorry, plants cannot be shipped outside the continental US.
*Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.